Tuesday, October 5, 2010

just an snipit of our life...

So... I am 26, I live in a small town with my hubby Brandon, our three dogs (spike 3yr pomeranian chihuahua mix, Sadie 2yr husky lab, and Rocky 2yr rescue mutt), Brandons daughter Jackie (13) and our newest addition, William 4 months.

I used to work for a print shop in town doing graphic work, I was 'laid off' right after I found out I was prego, LONG story maybe another post I will talk about that .. but Joyce my old boss is back and brought me back on early in September.  Best thing is she is letting me work when I can, and I can bring Will to work with me.  Considering around here with no family to watch Will cheep, I would be working to pay a sitter...
I dont plan to stay on real long, just enough to help her stay caught up, and train her grand daughter to help out, and hopefully a replacement ... who knows, but it really adds a lot of stress with me trying to work again.

Well as far as life with a baby goes.. I LOVE being a mom.  Its pretty awesome if I do say so myself.
I knew from early on in pregnancy that I wanted to cloth diaper.
WHOA WHOA... let me explain.. this is not some old grandma type of plastic pants and pins.
There are TONS of new styles, I luckily got started with a used set *not nasty*.
I love to be doing something so good for the environment, and my baby.
I could quote so many nasty things that come from the production and waste of disposables...
they are a decent invesntment, I paid 175 for the set of 24 I have, retail would have cost almost twice that... so way cheep, and this size small set has lasted me from 1 month until here at 4 months, so three months worth of diapering, would have cost me twice that in sposies. 
If my haus of a child wasnt already almost 18 lbs.. he would have lasted a lot longer :(
But the next set I am investing in is One size, meaning they are very adjustable and grow with baby, should last from 8lbs to 35lbs.  Im hoping this next set lasts until he potty trains.
Not to mention these will be around when I have baby #2!

Ok well I have got to get off here and go finish work ... sigh
At least I get to work from home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment