Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Cloth Diapering... intro?

My boy, Will is almost 4 months old and around 1 1/2 months we started cloth diapering.
I wanted to from the beginning but it is somewhat costly to get started. I got lucky to find a used set of FuzziBunz pocket dipes from a lady on craigs list for WAY cheap.  So starts my journey.
I love them, however they are what FB (FuzziBunz) calls 'perfect size' meaning Small Med Large, they were smalls, so now that we are nearly grown out of them I am expanding.
I am trying a few other brands of pocket styles (there are TONS of other types).
Pocket style is set up alot like a disposable, with snaps rather than velcro. there is a waterproof polyester outer layer, and inner microfiber type layer, there is an opening at the back, and inside you stuff your inserts, microfiber pads, or regular cloth prefolds, whatever type of absorbent cloth you want. When you change a dirty or wet, you take it off, shake off any solids in the toilet, and shake out the insert into the pail.
But I have bought some one size diapers, these are much more adjustable to grow with baby.  They say down to 8lbs, up to 35. I'm doubting I could fit these on my 8lb 3oz boy when he was a newborn.
However I do love how they will grow with him through the next two years until he potty trains!
I bought one BumGenius 4.0 pocket with snaps. I love this one, it has a snap down rise, kinda awkward to get set up, but once its set its better, after a couple washes.  They have a few colors, most are gender neutral, big deal when there are a lot of pinks and purples... not so good for a boy.
I also bought one FB one size, it is very soft and fluffy compared to the used ones I have, bit has changeable elastic settings in the leg openings. I really don't think this one would fit smaller babies, where the BG seems more adjustable as far as rise setting goes.

I am also supposed to receive some other pocket one size from a lady on Facebook, who was going to send them to me for way cheep... haven't heard from her recently so maybe not.
However, I did buy some more used FB mediums to work into as I build my one size stash :)

No comments:

Post a Comment